The Office of International Programs assists the University and the region in responding to the numerous responsibilities and emerging opportunities created by an increasingly interdependent world. Its strategic goals are:
- To assist the University's various academic units to infuse an international perspective into the curriculum;
- To enhance the University's commitment to supporting faculty for their efforts to internationalize the institution;
- To promote on and off campus interest in global developments through support for the World Affairs Council of Charlotte;
- To increase the number of UNC Charlotte students involved in education abroad programs;
- To strengthen existing programs designed to underscore UNC Charlotte's central role as a metropolitan university, and to initiate new programs in response to the growing internationalization of the Charlotte metropolitan area;
- To provide additional opportunities for faculty members interested in initiating a new or enhancing an existing international education agenda in teaching, research, or service;
- To enhance existing programs for international students and scholars and to strengthen their role in academic components of the University.
These goals set the agenda for the Office of International Programs and shape our strategic planning efforts, as defined in the Office of International Programs Strategic Plan for 2016-2020.
Strategic Plan Annual Update Reports
2015-2016 Office of International Programs Strategic Plan Report
Strategic Plan Archive
An archive of past srategic plans and reports is also available.