The Office of International Programs' overarching administrative office leads the University’s international mission with the support of several interconnected specialization units. The lead administrative operation (OIPA) coordinates the campus-wide internationalization efforts and administrative leadership of its integrated units. For example, OIPA supports curriculum development and faculty research; promotes Fulbright and other fellow program opportunities; encourages implementation of global initiatives in the various colleges; manages international travel grant funds; coordinates the North Carolina Foreign Policy lecture series program; hosts the World Affairs Council of Charlotte; manages international linkages with higher education institutions in other countries; and welcomes international delegations and official visitors to campus.
OIP’s Integrated Units Include:
- The Office of International Programs Administration is the lead administrative operations unit and coordinates the campus-wide internationalization efforts and leadership of OIP's integrated units.
- The Office of Education Abroad offers opportunities for students and faculty to participate in a variety of learning experiences outside the United States.
- The International Student and Scholar Office provides information, services, and programs for international students, faculty, and visiting scholars.
- The English Language Training Institute prepares international students for academic study in the United States through English language and cultural adaptation instruction.
- The Office of Intercultural and Educational Experiences produces customized short-term academic and professional development programs for groups.
- The Office of Global Education and Engagement orchestrates academic and co-curricular opportunities to enhance global and intercultural learning for University constituents and the Charlotte community.